Sunday, June 13, 2010

London Dreams...

It all started about a month ago, when my manager called me and Aasim in a meeting room, and told us that I am supposed to visit London for the new project. I had a rough idea about the project, and I was not sure why a visit to London was needed. Few days after the announcement, I went to visa office and applied for visa. (I am so glad I did not procrastinate and applied on Friday itself). It seemed that I would get my visa in 4 days, but alas, it was not the case. My visa was going to take 15 days to process. We booked and cancelled tickets twice, and third time was a do or die situation (not really, but my manager wanted to make sure I left no stone unturned to get my visa as soon as possible).

Well, it was 7th May, and perhaps not really the tea, but I will always consider that tea to be the luckiest tea of my life (courtesy, Shraddha). Well, it is because, my visa got processed, I got my foreign exchange and my visa card arrived. Awesome. Almost set to fly on Sunday night. I knew I was not at all prepared, and I made sure that Akshay stayed behind to help me with all the shopping and preparation, and after that I knew I didn’t really have to worry much. On Friday, we did some normal shopping. On Saturday, we got up early in the morning and went to drink tea at Amruta’s place. We returned and cleaned our homes and bought 2 almirahs. Later, we left our place at 5:30, only to return late night at 11 p.m. We bought few clothes, valet, belt and a bag. A lot of shopping in short. Then, at night, we started packing, but we were too tired and gave up.

Next morning, we woke up late, went to Amruta’s place again (well, it was supposed to be my last tea ), and had tea and some breakfast. Later, we came back home and started packing. Akshay helped with most of the packing. Around 2, Prasad and Girish joined us. It was unbelievable. Never thought they would come just to drop me =D. Anyways, for rest of the day, they both were cursing me why did I call them, because I was just going for 2 weeks. But it did not matter, as long as they were with me . Garima joined us around 3, and I knew I was not going to airport without tea =D. She was kind enough to bring ice cream for me, but Akshay devoured most of it =P. Later, we talked for a while, I completely forgot about packing. But then later, we again started packing, Akshay and Gari checking meticulously whether I had taken everything or not. I was not sure why, but they both always felt I would miss something, while I always thought, there could be nothing that these two can ever miss ;). Later, Akshay booked a Meru cab. Me, Akshay, Girish and Prasad left for the airport. On the way, I called up my family and friends, all wishing me happy journey and asking me take care. Later, at the airport, Rujuta joined us, it was a very pleasant surprise. Looking at all my friends and fun part of preparation, I knew that now it did not matter even if they send me back. I really felt nostalgic and missed Rahul, for back then, Rahul was in my shoes, but he was going for 9 months. Eagerly awaiting for his return. I am not sure if I will enjoy my stay at London over here, but one thing is certain, it will never be as fun as the preparations we made for this trip. Thanks for making this trip happen, friends, for without you, I would have never made it to airport so prepared and confident =D.

P.S. This does not mean I am bringing anything special for you =P. The best gift for you will be me coming back, nay? ;)

2 comments:

Mihir said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harshvardhan Pande said...

nice!
looking forward to pics frm ur London trip :)